The Norse people often drank from horns. Follow their lead and continue the tradition with the Viking Horn Tankard. A single piece of natural cow horn forms the main body and handle of the cup. A second piece of horn completes the bottom. The handle features a triangular shape. The natural cow horn gives each cup a unique appearance. Add it to your medieval feast or historical banquet. This cup is a great accessory for reenactments or LARP events.
This item is handmade from natural materials, therefore, it may slightly from what is shown above.
- Triangular handle
- Unique appearance
- Can be used for drinking
- Great for medieval banquets
- Wonderful for LARP events or fantasy conventions
- Made from natural cow horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.