Few things are as undeniably Viking as borre knotwork and drinking horns. The Shield Knot Drinking Horn perfectly combines both of these Norse aspects to bring you a Viking horn that would make even the All-Father proud. This functional Viking cup is crafted from a natural bull horn. Its surface has been hand-etched with a quaternary Viking shield knot. The Shield Knot Drinking Horn is the perfect piece of Viking drinkware to make any feast or medieval dinner a truly legendary event.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here. The stand shown is not included.
- Features a Viking shield knot carving
- Can be used for drinking
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
- Volume: 11.8-13.5 Ounces