When a Viking warrior dies, the god Odin welcomes them to Valhalla, where they may drink and make merry for the rest of eternity. The Gungnir Drinking Horn allows you to pay tribute to this deity at your next Viking feast. This functional drinking vessel is crafted from a natural bull horn, making it an authentic piece of Viking drinkware. Its surface is engraved with the runic image of Gungnir, the legendary spear of Odin. The Gungnir Drinking Horn is a fantastic Viking drinking horn that is sure to make your next medieval feast the stuff of legends.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here. The stand shown is not included.
- Displays a hand-carved Gungnir rune
- Can be used for drinking
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
There are no reviews yet.