The Helm of Awe, or Aegishjalmur, is the symbol of Aegir, the sea-dwelling jotunn who threw lavish parties for the Norse gods. With the Large Helm of Awe Drinking Horn, you can bring the spirit of Aegir to your next Viking feast. This functional Viking horn is crafted from a natural bull horn, just like an authentic piece of Viking feastware. The Helm of Awe symbol is hand carved onto its surface, paying homage to the jolly jotunn. The Aegishjalmur Drinking Horn is the perfect accessory for any Viking or medieval dinner party.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here. Also, the stand shown above does not come included.
- Features a hand-carved Helm of Awe symbol
- Can be used for drinking
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.