The Vikings weren’t always known for the showiest of helmets, but they frequently wore some of the most effective for their period. This Viking Spangenhelm – Steel recreates one such helmet for the modern-day warrior to wear. A rounded, conical crown, reinforced with metal strips, helps keep the helm secured in-place. A nasal guard provides added protection to the face, while a short aventail guards the neck. Crafted from 19 gauge mild steel, the helmet features a polished steel finish, rivets, and offset trim. The interior of the helm features a foam liner, both for comfort and small size adjustments. An adjustable buckle strap secures the helmet at the chin.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- A Classically Inspired Viking Helmet
- Displays a Polished Steel Finish
- Features a Partial Aventail of Mail
- Lined with Comfortable Padding
- Offers a Great Level of Protection
- Crafted from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made of top-grain leather
- Padded with foam
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- Medium: Overall Height – 14.2 Inches, Width – 7.1 Inches, Crown Height – 6.3 Inches, Depth – 8.7 Inches, Nasal Guard Length – 3.9 Inches, Nasal Guard Width – 2 Inches, Inside Circumference – 23.6 Inches, Weight – 4 Pounds, Fits a 23 to 26 Inch Head Circumference
- Large: Overall Height – 14.2 Inches, Width – 7.5 Inches, Crown Height – 6.7 Inches, Depth – 9.8 Inches, Nasal Guard Length – 3.9 Inches, Nasal Guard Width – 2 Inches, Inside Circumference – 25.6 Inches, Weight – 4.4 Pounds, Fits a 24 to 28 Inch Head Circumference
Measurements are approximate.