You welcome the sights and sounds of the sea as the waves carry your longship towards adventure in lands unknown. The Viking Ship Drakkar Genuine Drinking Horn shows an intricate Viking ship carved onto its surface. This hand carved Viking horn will help you toast to your next successful pillage. It is a functional drinking horn and can safely be used for drinking.
Made of natural horn, no two drinking horns are exactly alike. They may vary in size, shape, and color, so each Viking horn will be unique! Careful hand carving creates its design.
At its center is a Viking longship, or drakkar. The ship has a striped sail. Its dragonhead prow is shown in profile, facing towards the opening of the historical drinking horn. Round shields dot the side of the ship and form the background of the design.
Then, carved bands of Celtic knotwork decorate both above and below the design. Spiraling carved lines then accent the horn down to the tip. These gorgeous, careful carvings give this drinking horn an authentic, historical look that will add detail to any Viking costume or cosplay.
Carry this carved drinking horn with you on your next adventure at the Renaissance faire or a Viking reenactment using one of our horn frogs. Then, when not in use, display it with pride using a drinking horn stand, sold separately.
- Features hand carved Viking dragon ship design
- Safe to drink from
- Great for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Must-have Viking costume accessory
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.