Protecting your neck against the enemy in battle is important. Thus, you wear the Butted High Tensile Chainmail Collar to guard from attack. Made from 16-gauge high-tensile steel, this medieval collar comes in one size. High tensile steel is much stronger and less likely to distort than mild steel. This collar secures onto the neck with two leather straps in front.
The collar consists of woven butted rings with a scalloped leather strap at the top. Each round wire ring is 9.5 millimeters across, and they are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern for greater durability. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The collar ends near the neck. Add this medieval chainmail to your knight, rogue, or Viking costume for light-contact historical reenactments.
Wear this chainmail armour over one of our medieval arming caps and mantles for greater comfort and safety.
- Comes in one size
- Secures with adjustable straps
- Butted construction
- Woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Great for a variety of characters
- Made from 16-gauge high-tensile steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.