No matter who you face in battle, you know the value of wearing armour like the 15th Century Steel German Gauntlets on your hands. Made from 16-gauge steel, these polished gauntlets come as a pair. These gauntlets have attached brown suede gloves. To begin with, the gauntlets feature hinged cuffs that help protect the wrists and backs of the hands. The pointed cuffs adjust with leather straps.
Carved lines adorn each cuff. The top of the cuff, near the hand, has a scalloped edge with ridges pointing towards the lines on each cuff. There are two layers of plates covering the back of each hand.
Next, several plates overlap to guard each of the fingers. The knuckle plates are outermost. Rivets attach the plates to internal leather plates. Stitching attaches the leather plates to the gloves. In addition, there is a leather strap across the palm of each hand for additional security. These medieval steel gauntlets work well for LARP events and historical reenactments.
- Comes as a pair
- Has hinged wrists
- Features a multi-plate design
- Includes attached gloves
- Great for reenactments
- Made from 16-gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.
- Overall Length: 18 Inches
- Hand Width: 4.8 Inches
- Wrist Width: 4.3-5.5 Inches
- Longest Finger Length: 4 Inches
Measurements are approximate.