The evolved form of the medieval kettle hat, the morion is often associated with Spanish conquistadors but was also commonly worn by Renaissance infantry. For your next historical soldier look, try out the Rodrigo Morion Steel Helmet. This handmade steel helmet proudly sports the distinctive crest along its round skull and a pointed, downwards angled brim. Secure this historic helmet in place with its adjustable leather chin strap, which is attached to leather cheek flaps that further protect the sides of your face. A narrow flute at the back of the skull allows you to easily add your own embellishment, such as a feathery plume, to this Spanish Renaissance helmet. Cotton covered foam lines the inside of the skull, but we recommend wearing it over a padded arming cap for proper safety and comfort. Whether you are dressing up as a Renaissance-era explorer, European infantryman, or imperial guard, the Rodrigo Morion Steel Helmet adds distinction to your costumed look or LARP outfit.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Round helmet features pronounced crest across skull
- Wide brim is sharply angled downwards
- Leather cheek flaps protect sides of face
- Flute on back for attaching feathers or other embellishments
- Helmet features cotton covered foam inner lining
- Secures via an adjustable leather chin strap
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Helmet made of 18 gauge steel