As war draws nigh and you realize you must enter the fray, you will need all the protection you can get. Choose the John Oiled Flat Ring Chainmail Hauberk, an essential addition to any medieval or fantasy knights ensemble of armour. Made of flat steel rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, this historically-inspired chainmail tunic features versatile short sleeves. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four butted chainmail rings woven through another ring. These short sleeves are great for combining and layering with both steel and leather armour pieces.
As pictured, wear this hauberk over a padded gambeson for best comfort and safety, and cinch its length with a belt at the waist to help distribute its weight. The tunic length is intended to hit around the knees for most wearers. Ungalvanized and untreated with chemicals, the hauberk is coated in oil to help resist rusting, so occasional oiling is required to help maintain its quality. If your next LARP or other costume-worthy excursion calls for a fantasy warrior or knight-inspired look, the John Oiled Flat Ring Chainmail Hauberk adds dimension, authenticity, and protection to your persona.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Hauberk features short sleeve construction
- Length reaches about to knees on most wearers
- 10mm inner diameter and 12mm outer diameter
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Wear over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil