Beer and ale were the drinks of choice during the middle ages. Cups made of horn like this Horn Beer Mug commonly held such widely drunken beverages. Made from natural horn, this mug has a plastic handle. The black handle has a curved shape. The horn mug has a bottom made of horn. The inside does not have a sealed finish. This mug is ideal for reenactments, LARP events, home decor, and collections.
Please be aware this is made from natural materials, therefore, it may vary slightly from above.
- Curved, black handle
- Is not sealed
- Wonderful for display and collecting
- Great for reenactments and LARP events
- Made from real horn and plastic
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.