While the Viking Leg Protection may appear fragile at first glance, do not be fooled! The ancient splint armour can be worn over leather or clothing with the vertical steel strips providing excellent protection to your shins. The steel armour style does not hinder mobility as you fight. Three leather straps are used to keep each of the steel leg guards in place. Made from galvanized mild steel and top-grain leather, these Viking greaves work great for LARPing and historical re-enactments. The metal pieces have been given a dark metal finish that protects against rust and will not scratch upon contact with another metal.
Epic Dark armour is designed to resist rust, but it should still be treated with oil and kept in dry storage. Leather parts need regular treatment with Leather care products to keep the leather from drying out.
- Based on ancient splint armour
- Fitted with adjustable buckle straps
- Has a rust-resistant dark metal finish
- Comes as a set of greaves
- Crafted from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made of top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- Length: 16 Inches
- Knee: Fits 12-18.75 Inches around
- Calf: Fits 11-19 Inches around
- Ankle: Fits 10.5-16.75 Inches around