The Vegvisir was an Icelandic symbol used as a rune of protection, guiding Vikings to safety as they sailed through turbulent seas and storms. With the Vegvisir Viking Drinking Horn with Stand, you can drink to those brave Norsemen. This functional drinking horn is crafted from a natural cow horn, making it both unique and authentic. The symbol of Vegvisir is carved by hand onto its surface, adding detail and meaning to this Viking horn. The drinking horn comes with a metal stand for proudly displaying it on a shelf or table when it is not in use. If you are seeking to bring the power and protection of the Vikings to your next medieval feast, look no further than the Vegvisir Viking Drinking Horn with Stand.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here.
- Features the carved symbol of the Vegvisir
- Can be used for drinking
- Includes a stand for easy display
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
- Length: 10-12 Inches
- Capacity: 10-11 Ounces
Measurements are approximate. This horn is a natural product and its shape and size will vary.