When the legendary hero Sigurd slayed the dragon Fafnir, he took from the dragons stash an item called the Helm of Awe. With the Small Helm of Awe Drinking Horn with Stand, you can honor the heroics of Sigurd at your next feast. This functional drinking horn is crafted from a natural cow horn, granting it both uniqueness and authenticity. Its surface is carved with the Viking runic image of the Helm of Awe. This natural Viking horn also comes with a metal stand that makes it easy to put on display when not in use. The Small Helm of Awe Viking Drinking Horn with Stand makes a fantastic piece of feastware that is sure to make your next Viking feast a legendary occasion.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here.
- Features the carved Helm of Awe symbol
- Can be used for drinking
- Includes a stand for easy display
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
- Length: 10-12 Inches
- Capacity: 10-11 Ounces
Measurements are approximate. This horn is a natural product and its shape and size will vary.