Guard your hands while out defending the kingdom or adventuring. The Scouts Gauntlets provide both great mobility and protection, made of 19 gauge mild steel with a slightly thicker steel plate further defending the wrist joint. Sold as a set of two, these medieval steel gauntlets consist of a series of plates hand crafted and forged to suit the shapes of the hand. The lower hand plate flares out over the knuckles, and the forearm plate is rounded to better fit the shape of the lower arm. The wide steel plate over top of these is riveted at the wrist, and its edges are rolled edges are curled outward to keep from getting in the way of movement and for better deflecting blows. Strong yet flexible brown leather straps secure the demi gauntlets in place around the wrist, palm, and thumb. Wear these polished steel gauntlets over your own favorite pair of leather gloves for your next LARP battle, reenactment event, or medieval fantasy costuming occasion.
Due to the handcrafted nature of this armour piece, there may be slight natural deviations in its pattern, color, and shape.
- Sold as a set of two
- Protects hand, wrist, and lower forearm
- Secures over your own glove with leather straps
- Features a polished finish throughout
- Great for LARP, light reenactment, and more
- Made of 19 gauge mild steel with leather straps
- Steel armour should be treated with oil and stored in a dry place. After handling, wearing, or six months of storage or display, wipe the metal with a clean cloth and reapply oil.
- For the leather fittings, remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Full Length: 7.9 Inches
- Hand Plate Width: 3.9 Inches
- Wrist Plate Width: 4.3 Inches
- Forearm Plate Length: 2.8 Inches
- Forearm Bottom Width: 4.3 Inches
- Forearm Top Width: 7.9 Inches
Measurements are approximate.