Rounded to better absorb strikes to the shoulders, the Steel Splint Spaulders are perfect for adding protection to a medieval outfits while creating a knightly look. The scalloped upper edge is accented with a leather underlayer in your choice of red, black, or green. A self-tie cord secures the top of each spaulder in place to your gambeson, or other medieval clothing and armour, while an adjustable leather strap fixes the spaulder in place around the bicep. These 19 gauge steel shoulder guards are sold as a set of two and work well for a range of characters, from noble knights to medieval mercenaries.
Due to the handcrafted nature of this armour piece, there may be slight natural deviations in its pattern, color, and shape.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Available in your choice of red, black, or green leather accent
- Shoulders feature scalloped edges
- Steel has a polished finish
- Secures in place with buckles and tie strings
- Great for LARP, light reenactment and costume use
- Sold as a pair
- Made of 19 gauge mild steel with leather accent and straps
- Steel armour should be treated with oil and stored in a dry place. After handling, wearing, or six months of storage or display, wipe the metal with a clean cloth and reapply oil.
- For the leather fittings, remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.