The top of the chest is just as important as any other body part, perhaps more so. Protect your upper chest with the Polished Steel Soldiers Gorget. This streamlined gorget is ideal for the regular foot soldier as it is not overly ornate yet provides great protection. This 19 gauge steel guard consists of two pieces which bolt together on one side and close on the other with a strap and buckle. This buckle and strap allow you to adjust the fit. Premium leather plates on the shoulders allow the attachment of a gambeson, not included, to the gorget. The set includes brass pointed tie strings for easier attachment to other armour pieces or clothing. Multiple costumes and ensembles benefit from the addition of this armour piece. Wear this versatile gorget to a LARP event or historical reenactment.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Two piece construction
- Attaches and secures with buckle and strap
- Able to attach to a gambeson, not included
- Streamlined design
- Great for historical reenactments and LARP events
- Gorget is handcrafted from 19 gauge mild steel and premium leather
- Tie strings are made from brass and cotton canvas
- To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them.
- For Shoulder Plates: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.