Chainmail is usually thought of as an early Medieval armor development but the truth is that it’s much older than that. The Romans learned the secret of chain from the Celts in the 3rd century in fact, and the Roman Legions of the day were often outfitted with chain hauberks known as Lorica Hamata while going about the duty of the Motherland. Our replica Roman-style chain shirt captures all the style of the original Lorica Hamata while improving on the design considerably, swapping out all those heavy iron rings for light and flexible 10-millimeter diameter 16 gauge aluminum rings, all of which have been set in the traditional 4-in-1 pattern. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. Each ring of this armour has been riveted for additional durability, and thanks to its aluminum construction it won’t rust like iron or steel. Set comes with one hauberk and one leather-trimmed mantle with brass tone hooks and tabs. Available in sizes from Medium to XXL.
- Made of 10 mm diameter metal rings
- Woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Chainmail mantle is attached
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Perfect for reenactments, LARP, or costume use
- Made from 16 gauge aluminum
- Medium: Length: 32 Inches, Chest: Up to 41 Inches, Shoulder Strap Width: 4.5 Inches, Weight: 7.5 lbs.
- Large: Length: 33.5 Inches, Chest: Up to 48 Inches, Shoulder Strap Width: 5 Inches, Weight: 8.5 lbs.
- X-Large: Length: 34 Inches, Chest: Up to 52 Inches, Shoulder Strap Width: 5.5 Inches, Weight: 9 lbs.
- XX-Large: Length: 35.5 Inches, Chest: Up to 58 Inches, Shoulder Strap Width: 6.5 Inches, Weight: 11 lbs.
There are no reviews yet.