For your most knightly warrior looks, be sure to accentuate your armoured outfit with the Richard Riveted Oiled Chainmail Coif. Made out of riveted rings of steel woven in a traditional European 4-in-1 pattern, this medieval chainmail hood covers the head, neck, and shoulders. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. An excellent way add an important layer of defense to your person, this steel coif can be worn underneath a steel helmet for comprehensive protection. Its fully riveted construction adds endurance to its structure. Providing practical wearability, the wide face opening does not obstruct vision or ventilation. Untreated and uncoated with chemicals or zinc, the chainmail armour piece is coated with oil to help fight rust. Whether worn for LARP or another costumed event, be sure to wear a padded arming cap under this steel chainmail hood for best safety and comfort.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Coif covers head, neck, shoulders, and sides of face
- Has a 9mm inner ring diameter
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern and riveted shut
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded arming cap
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 14 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour
- When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil