Let loose your Viking spirit and join the raiding hordes when you wear the Black Leather Lamellar Body Armour. This leather scale cuirass brings smart adjustability, mobility, and style to your historical reenactments and LARP events.
This Viking torso armour is made of hand cut, thick leather scales. Each 13 ounce thick scale is then layered over another, forming rows of overlapping pieces. These rows then overlap again to create the structure of the armour. The front and back of the torso are fully protected. Attached tasset pieces on the front also protect the tops of the thighs.
The included pauldrons also have a leather scale construction that protects the top of the shoulders without sacrificing mobility. Two attached panels made up of leather scales form each pauldron.
The leather scale structure provides more mobility than steel plate styles of later eras. Highly adjustable, this leather Viking armour is made to protect while still allowing a great range of movement.
How to Wear the Armour:
It is easy to adjust the fit of your Viking lamellar armour. First, the shoulder straps are very adjustable. Each shoulder has a front and back panel, and these each have a series of holes. Line up the holes depending on how high or low you need your leather scale armour to sit. Then, thread the included leather cord through the holes and tie securely.
Next, the included leather pauldrons also have holes at their inner edges to secure in place at each shoulder. Adjustable metal wires within the borders of the leather pauldrons make them bendable, so they can better conform to your body. Then, a buckled leather strap wraps around the upper arm to secure the lower portion of the shoulder armour in place and help it better move with your body.
Finally, adjust the fit of the lamellar cuirass using the buckled leather straps on the back. There are four buckled straps on each side of the back, and each brass buckle has a Norse dragon head design, adding extra detail and a touch of Nordic style to your Viking reenactment or LARP look.
Bring the might of the Norseman to your next LARP or medieval reenactment battle when you wear this black leather lamellar armour! Its historical style, impressive coverage, and adjustability make it the perfect fit for any Viking Warrior.
- Made up of layered, hand cut scales
- Removable shoulders have adjustable fit
- Protects, shoulders, torso, and top of thighs
- Ideal armour for Varangian guards, Viking warriors, and more
- Great for Norse reenactment, cosplay, and LARP
- Made of 13 ounce leather
- Easily modify or repair this armour with our Set of 50 Black Leather Lamellar Scales (HW-701728BK-50PCS) and leather laces.
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.