Among samurai, the wakizashi was a companion blade. A samurai may have left their katana, but they were never without a wakizashi. And now you can keep one close at hand too, when you go into battle armed with this LARP Wakizashi. Often measured at two shaku in length, the wakizashi was a perfect weapon for close-quarters battles in tight spaces or indoor confines. This oriental LARP short sword recreates the subtle curve of the weapon with a good length, as well as a leather-wrapped handle for that last touch of authenticity. It is crafted from an extremely durable foam that does not shred, which has been sealed within a strong coating of latex. As safety is always a concern in LARP, this weapon also features a round, flexible fiberglass core that bends and flexes. The core also features a durable Kevlar cap for added protection, both against the core and for when the weapon is used to stab.
The LARP Wakizashi has an average overall length of approximately 23.5 inches. Please be aware that measurements may vary slightly, as it is a handmade item. Latex weapons do need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a 100 ml LARP Protection Gel Silicone (MCI-3722) that can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- A quality weapon for an affordable price
- High safety rating, approved by the top organizations
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Features a round, flexible fiberglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Crafted from polyurethane foam
- Finished with a latex coating
- Core is made of fiberglass
- Grip wrapped with split-leather
- Care Instructions- Use of our Maintenance Silicone ensures a long weapon life and durability
- Overall Length: 23.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 17 Inches
- Guard Width: 3 Inches
Please be aware that measurements may vary slightly, as it is a handmade item.