The LARP Falcata is based on a single-edged weapon from ancient Iberia. Its blade widens into a convex swell near the point, creating a weapon ideal for devastating slices, now made safe for LARP using a latex foam construction. The soft yet durable, shred resistant foam has a flexible and strong inner fiberglass core with a Kevlar tip. While the blade is made of soft latex-coated foam, the hilt is made of polyurethane foam, which gives the guard, handle, and pommel great durability and detail. The brass and steel tone guard and pommel are intricately detailed with Roman-inspired scrollwork. Both have curved arms that protect the hand of the wielder when holding the ergonomically shaped, wood-look grip. For historical and fantasy LARP ventures alike, this latex foam hybrid LARP sword is a fantastic choice, both impressive to behold with all of its detail and safe for roleplay battle.
The LARP Falcata has an overall length of 23.6 inches. Please be aware that this measurement can vary slightly, as it is a handmade item.
- A quality weapon for an affordable price
- Closed cell foam is durable and shred resistant
- Features a flexible fiberglass core
- Core is protected by a strong Kevlar tip
- Polyurethane handle is highly detailed and durable
- Blade is made from closed cell foam
- Handle is made of polyurethane foam
- Core is made of fiberglass
- Finished with a latex coating
- Latex weapons need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a 100 ml LARP Protection Gel Silicone (MCI-3722) that can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- As this is a hybrid latex and polyurethane foam weapon, take care not get maintenance silicone on the handle by first wrapping the handle in a plastic wrap.
- Store latex weapons flat or on the pommel, never on the tip, and in a cool, dry environment. Use a towel or sheet to protect the LARP weapon from adhering to plastic or rubber surfaces.