Inspired by the armour of 16th and 17th century mounted soldiers, the Kaspar Steel Cuirass lets wearers sit down while protected by its chest plate and back plate. This handcrafted Renaissance cuirass is made from high-quality steel. The bottom of the back plate features uniquely layered plates that move with the wearer, and the wide neckline is especially designed to suit the Kaspar Steel Gorget, which is meant to be worn underneath torso armour. Thick, adjustable leather straps secure the chest plate and back plate together at each side, and more leather straps secure the cuirass upon the shoulders. Suitable for knights and other horse riding warriors, this plate armour cuirass will impress and protect on the LARP battlefield, at Renaissance fairs, and other occasions calling for historical costume armour. Be sure to wear a padded gambeson underneath this plate armour cuirass for proper comfort and safety.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Includes chest plate and back plate
- Based on armour styles of Renaissance cavalrymen
- Bottom of back plate is articulated, allowing wearer to sit down
- Features a wide neckline for wearing over a gorget
- Adjustable leather straps at sides and shoulders secure plates together
- Has leather loops along chest plates bottom edge for attaching tassets
- Great for fantasy or historical LARP and other costume events
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- Length: 22.83 Inches
- Circumference: 43.3 Inches
Measurements are approximate.
There are no reviews yet.