Create a suit of armour befitting a German knight from the 15th century by including the Gothic Sallet Helmet. The descendent of the Italian bascinet, this war helmet became the preferred choice of armour for over a hundred years. Inspired by the classic gothic style, the sallet features fluting and ridge work that enhances the look and strength of the armour. A rounded top with raised centerline further increases the defensive power. The bellows visor swivels up and down for easy adjustment, and possesses cutouts for ventilation. Metal lames form a lobster neck-plate in the back. Foam padding lines the interior, while an adjustable buckle strap secures the helmet at the chin. A polished steel finish creates the knight in shining armour look.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Features a swiveling bellows visor
- Completely padded and lined
- Fitted with an adjustable chin strap
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.