Barbute helmets did not have visors, although the needs of the warrior are what dictate the evolution of the helm. This Epic Dark Visored Barbuta Helmet is as protective as a typical barbute and then-some, thanks to the visor. The barbute, or barbuta, was originally designed in medieval Italy, although because of how effective and useful the helmet was, it spread to other regions as well. This helmet alters the typical design of a barbute by including a protective visor. The visor is distinctive in design, possessing two rectangular eyelets, as well as a cross-shaped cut-out for air ventilation. On the right side of the helm is a small hook that latches the visor down, while the temples feature small pins and chains that secure the visor to the helmet. This means that the visor can be rotated up or to the side, or it can be removed entirely. The helmet is crafted from quality steel and features an incredible looking dark metal finish, which is rust and scratch resistant. The interior of the helmet features a liner, both for comfort and for making small adjustments to size. Original barbutes might not have had visors, but the two are an ingenious combination, so much so that this Epic Dark Visored Barbuta Helmet is the kind of protection that any warrior could kill to have.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Treated with a Dark Metal Finish
- A Traditional Italian Barbute With A New Touch
- Features a Removable, Rotating Visor
- Offers a Great Level of Protection
- Made from 19-gauge galvanized mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Lined with foam padding
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.
- Medium: Fits a 23 to 26 Inch Head Circumference
- Large: Fits a 24 to 28 Inch Head Circumference