Formidable in spirit and skill, the young warrior dresses for war in the David Oiled Chainmail Hauberk. With its steel rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, this chainmail shirt is designed for children and small adults. Untreated by chemicals but covered in protective oil, this armour piece features a short sleeve construction that works well for layering and complements many medieval and fantasy styles. The rings are butted together throughout, then reinforced with riveting at the arm pits. Occasional oiling is required to help the hauberk maintain its quality. Best when worn over a padded gambeson for safety and comfort, this steel hauberk can be further combined with plate armour and leather pieces to achieve a comprehensive warrior look. The David Oiled Chainmail Hauberk is great for adding authenticity to armored character costumes or lending extra coverage to a LARP ensemble.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Designed to fit children and small adults
- Chainmail shirt features short sleeve construction
- 9mm Inner ring diameter
- Rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- 16 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil
- Chest: 27.6-41 Inches
- Length: 23.6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.