Designed for wicked warriors who are slight but fierce, the David Blackened Chainmail Hauberk will transform its wearer into a roguish medieval or fantasy knight. This mail shirt is sized for children or small teenagers and adults. Made of steel rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, this short sleeve hauberk has been given an acidic treatment that gives it a distinctive dark coloring and protects against rust. The rings are butted together throughout, then reinforced with riveting at the arm pits. For best comfort and safety, wear this medieval chainmail shirt over a padded gambeson. The short sleeves make it great for layering, and it coordinates well with steel and leather armour pieces as well as other chainmail armour. If your next medieval-inspired outfit calls for a comprehensive armored look, the David Blackened Chainmail Hauberk will add a unique touch to your knightly ensemble.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Designed to fit children and small adults
- Chainmail shirt features short sleeve construction
- 9mm Inner ring diameter
- Rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- 16 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil
- Chest: 27.6-41 Inches
- Length: 23.6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.