Whether a Viking or Crusader, a medieval soldier should not be without chainmail. The Blackened Butted Chainmail Hauberk adds an authentic appearance. It is available in a range of sizes. Made from butted 16 gauge steel rings, this long-sleeved, chainmail hauberk features a blackened finish to increase its resistance to rust. The 10 millimeter diameter rings form a classic 4-in-1 pattern. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. A back and front slit on the hauberk allow for greater mobility. Cut wide, the long sleeves provide great coverage. Wear this knightly armoured shirt to a historical reenactment or LARP event.
Wear this chainmail armour over one of our gambesons for greater comfort and safety.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Made of 10 mm diameter metal rings
- Woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Blackened finish for rust resistance
- Front and back slits for better mobility
- Comes in a range of sizes
- Perfect for historical reenactments or LARP events
- Made from 16 gauge steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.