The Medieval Barbute Combat Helmet takes its shape from 15th century Italian design. This medieval soldiers helmet features a short ridge across the top of the head and comes in both 16 gauge steel and 18 gauge steel options. This medieval helm is characterized by its T-shaped opening in the front for visibility of the wearer and unrestricted ventilation. The sides of the visorless steel helmet sit close to the cheek for protection, and the back of the bottom edge flares out slightly. Inside, this steel barbuta is padded with an adjustable cotton canvas liner. A buckled leather chin strap secures the helm in place. Its polished finish is great for creating a shining armoured look for LARP, reenactment, or costume use.
As this item is crafted by hand, slight variations in color and detail may occur.
- Available in 16 gauge and 18 gauge steel
- Has a polished finish
- T-shaped opening helps visibility and ventilation
- Has an adjustable, padded lining
- Secures with a leather strap
- Great for creating a medieval soldiers look
- Made from your choice of 16 gauge or 18 gauge mild steel
- Lining is cotton canvas with wool felt filling
- Overall Height: 11 Inches
- Nose Length: 6.5 Inches
- Nose Width: 2.75 Inches
- Inner Circumference: 26.5 Inches
- Inner Width: 9.25 Inches
- Chin Strap: 12.5-16.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.