Aventails are for protecting the sides of the face and part of the neck. The Chainmail Aventail with Dagged Edges is a great option for this, made of 18 gauge steel rings riveted together in a traditional 4-in-1 style. The flat rings are 8 millimeters in diameter, and they are riveted using a wedge method for durability. The bottom edges of this chainmail have a dagged pattern that will add extra interest to your ensemble. Historically, aventails bolstered the coverage of helmets, attaching to their sides and back. Perfect for light reenactment, LARP, and costume use, this steel ring aventail makes a great addition to the looks of knights, rogues, Viking warriors, and more.
- Designed to protect sides of face, back, and neck
- Flat rings are woven in a 4-in-1 pattern
- Rings are wedge riveted for added stability
- Great for medieval and Renaissance looks
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.
- Neck Circumference: 17-19 Inches
- Front Length: 11 Inches
- Collar Height: 1.75 Inches
- Shoulder to Shoulder: 21 Inches
- Weight: 4.8 lbs
Measurements are approximate.