Whether you are a ranger roaming the mountains or a person who lives there, it is a good idea to have a weapon on hand like this Caprine LARP Sword. Caprine is a word that refers to creatures in the sheep family, and this sword fits right in. The handguard of this longsword features a decorative brass rams head. The pommel continues the theme with the shape of a cloven hoof. In between the guard and pommel is a grip wrapped in leather. The handle comprises of polyurethane foam and the blade consists of soft EVA foam with a latex coating. Because of the PU foam, this tougher handle needs little maintenance. Next, the blade features a deep fuller and a scalloped ricasso. The longer draw allows you to keep your opponent at a greater distance. Wear this hybrid foam longsword to your next LARP event or epic fantasy convention.
The Caprine LARP Sword has an overall length of 53.1 inches. Please be aware that this measurement can vary slightly, as it is a handmade item.
- Rams head handguard
- Cloven hoof shaped pommel
- Deep fuller and scalloped ricasso
- Hybrid construction
- Great for fantasy roleplaying events
- Handle: polyurethane foam wrapped in leather
- Blade: EVA foam
- Core: fiberglass rod
- Finished with a latex coating
- Latex weapons need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a Maintenance Silicone (MCI-2000) that can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It is an easy, spray on application, and it will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- Store latex weapons flat or on the pommel, never on the tip, and in a cool, dry environment. Use a towel or sheet to protect the LARP weapon from adhering to plastic or rubber surfaces.
- For the leather on the handle: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Length: 53.1 Inches
- Grip Length: 5.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 39.8 Inches
- Blade Width: 2.4 Inches
- Crossguard Width: 9.4 Inches
- Handle Circumference: 4.1 Inches
- Weight: 19.9 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.