For the explorers, rangers, and protectors of mountains, the Caprine LARP Sword is the best choice in personal defense against invaders and marauders. Caprine is a word that refers to creatures in the sheep family, and this sword fits right in. The handguard of this longsword features a decorative brass rams head. The pommel continues the theme with the shape of a cloven hoof. In between the guard and pommel is a grip wrapped in leather. The handle comprises of polyurethane foam and the blade consists of soft EVA foam with a latex coating. The blade features a deep fuller and a scalloped ricasso. Draw this ram inspired sword at your next LARP battle or fantasy convention.
The Caprine LARP Sword has an overall length of 39.4 inches. Please be aware that this measurement can vary slightly, as it is a handmade item.
- Rams head handguard
- Cloven hoof shaped pommel
- Deep fuller and scalloped ricasso
- Hybrid construction
- Features a flexible fiberglass core
- Handle is made from polyurethane foam and wrapped in leather
- Blade is made from EVA foam
- Core is made of fiberglass
- Finished with a latex coating
- Latex weapons need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a Maintenance Silicone (MCI-2000) that can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It is an easy, spray on application, and it will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- Store latex weapons flat or on the pommel, never on the tip, and in a cool, dry environment. Use a towel or sheet to protect the LARP weapon from adhering to plastic or rubber surfaces.
- For the leather on the handle: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Length: 39.4 Inches
- Grip Length: 5.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 26 Inches
- Blade Width: 2.6 Inches
- Crossguard Width: 9.8 Inches
- Handle Circumference: 3.9 Inches
- Weight: 15.9 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.